The days are becoming more autumnal and winter is creeping up on us. I can feel the minus degrees burying themselves deep in my bones and I am not looking forward to it at all. Please pray for an Indian summer and a long one at that. I had so many things planned for this summer but due to the weather half of them never got done. Decorating the home, repainting my horsebox and rebuilding the living and many other laborious jobs just never materialised. Oh well, when the snow comes and I am house bound I will get the emulsion out and if anyone has a spare barn perhaps my lorry can be a lodger for a while!
Some very moving pictures of Totilas have appeared and some interesting videos and interviews. This very special horse causes such emotional response from all nationalities. I do hope Mathius finds the right course and like others I pray this is not the end of the line for this fabulous horse. I dream of winning the euro lottery so that I can buy him and return him to his rightful rider, I would also set up a trust so that none of our much loved horses need ever be sold.
Looking at the blue sky,(I can never say blue sky without thinking of the person who fits that pseudonom!)one would never think that a few moments ago the sky was black and we had torrential rain. Our weather changes so quickly and with it our moods. I was lucky teaching this morning for a few hours, cold and windy but no rain. Sometimes it is difficult to find the words to teach a new exercise or feel. Feel is something everyone struggles with until they have felt it! Also each persons feel is translated differently. Trying to desensitise horses to the leg aids can be fraught with difficulty. Not everyone is brave enough to chuck away the reins and gallop down the school! Teaching Lucys' horse some half steps really activated his hind legs and got him going today which caused great delight albeit a lot of squealing! I remember the first time someone did this with me. I had a smile on my face for a week! The trainer asked,'How does that feel?' I replied.'better than sex!' To which he laughed and said,'well I dont know what sort of sex you are having but I know which I prefer!' This was years ago when I owned a little black mare named Kiri, welsh section D cross TB and about 15.1hh. She was so talented but a bit bossy too. When she connected it really was like flying without wings! I remember the first year of competition we were last in everything, in fact at Rushall she escaped as I was putting her bridle on and galloped through all the arenas where PSG and Inter I were in progress! A kind lady brought her back with just the reins and the bit. The rest of the bridle is probably still there! By the second year she was unbeatable at novice and elementary and qualified for the Nationals twice which is when I sold her. Not for mega money, but for love. Misguided love at that. That was my last serious relationship and I have regretted selling Kiri ever since as she was never happy and was generally abused. These days I keep my horses and keep men at a healthy distance!
Sorry this is a bit short today but I have a strong feeling that I am going to find a bay mare in the field instead of a skewbald which will mean bathing her for tomorrows show. This is no small feat as she is nearly 16.3hh and hates water! By the time I finish she will be sparkling clean and I will look like I have had a mud bath! All this work for 6 mins per test I do hope it is worth it! We will see! Happy blogging everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment