What an emotional roller coaster! Carl has won yet another individual silver medal today!Love the new music and Uti looked as fresh as a daisy.You can not take a thing away from Carl, when the challenge is there he raises his anti another 100 percent!The harmony and psychi between him and Utopia was plain to see. The degree of difficulty was not enough this time to challenge Adelinde but it will be! Next year I predict an individual gold as Utopia will be much stronger by then and I am sure Charlotte will also be on the podium, in fact we could have a one two three! The standard in the Kur was outstanding! I loved Fuego and his floor plan and music are very artistic. Many ask why his marks were not higher? I think the judges that were not so high probably underlined elasticity but I do think that for a horse of his type he gave the best performance he was capable of and the crowd loved him. Laura kept the lid on Alf today and gave a strong performance to music from The Shadows that suits him so well, she was placed 4th. Scandic and Patrik Kittel showed the elasticity and suppleness required at this level and it was the most harmonious performance. So glad after all his troubles he got the bronze. The saddest moment was when I saw Hans Peter Minderhoud crying after his test. All became clear when he later led Nadine into the arena without a saddle, a sign of retirement. His test was lovely and he knew when he came out of the arena that that was his last competitve ride on her.You cant take a thing away from Adelinde. She rode a foot perfect test and never looked like making a mistake (damn)! Parzival is a power house and her horse of a life time. Horses huh! They are a mixture of euphoria and sadness, they take so much time and energy and love and dedication. No wonder we are drained after a big show! I have cried shed loads of tears this week! I have enjoyed great company, laughed loads and had many a nervous breakdown and that is just from watching! I am glad the Europeans are over because now I can sleep easy again, cut down on the smoking and not worry about how our team are doing!
FEI TV kept its word today and the coverage was fabulous with great but less commentary from Dane and friend! Perhaps they were hung over! The filming behind the scenes was interesting with several of the same people popping up time and time again! A word of warning if you are going to make facial expressions that tell the world what you are thinking try not to do it on camera!
Those on the forum asking how to get a horse going forward should go and watch the working in at the big shows! There is no kicking to be seen only the lightest leg and seat aids but you will see many,many transitions. No, not twenty metres in trot then walk and not after asking ten times! Transitions after two strides and transitions in and out of paces and within paces. These are the secret of having your horse in front of your leg!
Time ticks on in life and some of us may have missed the boat when it comes to greatness. This can lead to bitterness if you are not careful or bitchiness. Instead of these negative emotions that waste so much energy and only cause misery, lets enjoy the success of those that are truly great and talented. Raise a glass tonight to our teams successes and dream of owning or breeding a future olympic champion. I dream of reincarnation! Returning as a human, male or female, at least six foot tall and all leg and with all the knowledge I have gained in this life time! In fact I am sure Charlotte was Harry Boldt in her last life!
No comments:
Post a Comment